Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 9- June 9: Death…

So I ate something bad yesterday or maybe I drank something bad…either way, I felt terrible when I woke up. I immediately knew I was not going to make it to work. I quickly sent John and Rich a message, took some medicine and went back to sleep. Apparently I was pretty exhausted because I next woke up around 3:30 PM. I still felt pretty awful, but not nearly as bad as I did that morning. When I woke up I had a number of messages from John and Rich making sure that I was alright and telling me if I needed anything to not hesitate to ask. I took it easy in my room until around 6:00 PM when a few people got back from work and I decided to go out to eat with them. As we walked to the restaurant I realized that I had only eaten a granola bar all day. At the restaurant I devoured a plate of dumplings and a separate plate of noodles and immediately felt almost all better. At dinner we discussed the possibility of going to a concert we had heard about at The Great Wall on Saturday. When we finished eating we took a cab down to Wudaokou and bought tickets…I will explain the details of the concert later on. After buying the ticket I went back to my room and laid around until it was time to go to sleep. It was by far my least favorite day in Beijing, but I am glad I had a quick recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment